A Whirlwind Tour of Five Jetsetter Settings
in Nikki Navarre’s Foreign Affairs Series
Nikki Navarre is a globetrotting ex-diplomat and award-winning author of the sexy spy romance Foreign Affairs series. Loosely inspired by her work as a weapons of mass destruction expert at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, she writes about renegade Russian submarine captains, ex-KGB agents, fighter pilots, cyber spies and smugglers—and the brainy, beautiful, rising-star American diplomats who can’t resist falling for them.
Strap in for a whirlwind tour of Nikki’s top five jetsetter settings:
- Moscow, Russia: In modern-day Moscow, Las Vegas meets the Wild West. Every girl’s a supermodel or a spy, every guy’s a mobster or a mole, and the energy’s as bracing as a bucket of ice water flung in your face. In The Russian Seduction, the U.S. Embassy’s a citadel in a storm. Where sober-suited diplomats execute classified orders with discretion and decorum…most of the time.
- Siberia: In Stalin’s day, rebellious Russians were shipped off to the gulag in Russia’s frozen north. Today, if you’re chemical weapons expert Skylar Rossi, determined to uncover the truth about a Russian military site secretly churning out tons of deadly nerve agent, you pull on your fur hat and silk thermals and catch the night train to Siberia.
- Isle of Capri: A Roman villa on this affluent Italian island in The Russian Temptation is where refined and lethal ex-KBG hit man Nikolai “the Maestro” Markov is hired to take out the only target who’s ever eluded him—a brainy and beautiful American ambassador who just won’t do what she’s told. Nikolai never expects to find himself wanting to protect her instead.
- Juba, Sudan: Ex-Russian fighter pilot Max Vasylko will fly your illicit cargo anywhere in the world in twenty-four hours—no questions asked. Even if his cargo is a smart, scared, scrappy viral engineer named Christabel with two passports, one backpack, and no memory. In a Turkish bath in a breakaway African republic, the heat melts even Max’s battle-hardened heart.
- Cloud Cap, Corsica: A champagne magnate once built this ultra-luxe mountain hideaway for his femme fatale mistress on the French Mediterranean island of Corsica. In The Russian Obsession, it’s where the love-him-or-leave-him clock strikes midnight for Max and Christa.
Bon Voyage and Happy Reading!