NOTE FOR READERS: When you purchase Fireborn books before release day, you get 10% off the cover price, every day. If you buy a membership, you save additional percentages on all ebooks.
NOTE FOR AUTHORS: We've invited authors submitting to us to give us their free reads to post and spotlight. It's a good way to get to know our authors and their work without risk to the reader. Remember that these are not technically Fireborn books, but we encourage our authors to build their audience however we can, and that includes helping them distribute their free reads, when we can.
We ARE particularly interested in holiday-themed works right now. We don't just mean winter holidays; we're setting the schedule for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mothers/Fathers Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day... If you've got it and feel it's themed to a holiday, hit us up with it! Please note that this also includes non-US holidays, so if you have one, we'll try to time it to conincide with the holiday you're writing about.
Our Mission Statement... We intend to be the best publisher we can be. We will deal fairly with our authors and our readers, be responsive, and offer the best product we can, at reasonable prices. Fireborn Publishing is a staff-owned business with a cooperative mindset. The collective owners will put the authors first, the growth of the company and reader relationship second, and ourselves last.
Fireborn Publishing is a new experiment in publishing.
First... Take a team of industry professionals, who have worked for multiple indie presses. Make the department heads partners in the business. Give them autonomy, within the limits of their budgets, the ability to set the standard for the high quality they've wanted to see in the products we offer. Support each other fully and discuss all major concerns, no less than monthly. Moreover, offer the staff a small percentage of net sales, in addition to a modest salary, to make them active partners in the success of the business. Success means investing in the business first and raises for the staff secondary.
Then... Agree to be as responsive as we can be to concerns of staff, readers, and authors. Whether owner-staff ultimately decide the idea proposed is workable or unworkable, every suggestion will be given due consideration.
Finally... Build the business with the long-term aim of cooperative community as part of the matrix. As part of achieving that, we will be crowd funding our start-up costs, in exchange for member perks that begin with the first week of books released from the site. Whether you want to invest at the lowest level of $10 and get a mere 5% discount on all ebook purchases in the first year of book releases or you want to donate more and get higher discounts, more years of discounted purchases, free books, and even expedited printing and/or free standard shipping on print, there is a level for everyone. If we exceed our fundraising goals, we will expand our meager goals and add more bells and whistles for the authors and readers. With enough money, we will even build in a convention or two, with special perks for donating readers!
Fireborn Publishing promises to authors that we will...
1. …be true to the EPIC Code of Conduct for publishers.
2. …pay authors first…always. Owner pay comes out of the budget last. We will not spend money until authors are paid. Period. When the opportunity arises, we will reinvest money in growing the business.
3. …consider all suggestions brought to us seriously, at a monthly meeting between owner staff, whether the suggestions come from authors, editors, or readers.
4. …allow our staff to do what they do best, within their budgets, without micromanagement.
5. …departments support other departments as much as we can. Streamlining the job for everyone lightens the load.
6. …help our authors to promote/market their work to the best of our ability, teach new authors to promote/market themselves, and be available to answer all questions authors have.
7. …write and maintain an ebook for authors, giving answers to commonly-asked questions, and maintain active communication between authors and contacts in the individual departments.
8. ...Maintain PDF copies of royalty reports and book copies online, so authors can download their copies, in perpetuity.
Fireborn Staff Members...
Administration/Formatting- Dawn M Leeper (writing as Brenna Lyons)
EIC- Kathy Kozakewich
Line Editors- Jamie D. Rose, Monti Shalosky, Liz Bichmann, Alison Mann, and Lisa Manuel
Cover Artists- Jess Buffett, Kristen Karwan, Sheri McGathy, Allison Cassatta, Vanessa Hawthorne, and Tracey Weston
Distribution Manager- Brittaney Leeper