|Less Than Three Press LLC
Less Than Three Press provides M/M romantic fiction in ebook, print, and serial subscription formats.
ABOUT LESS THAN THREE PRESS
- We specialize in romance! Our focus is on quality stories with characters you'll fall in love with, and always a happy ending.
- We have a Book Market where we sell ebooks and print books.
- Sign up for our famous serial stories! Stories run biweekly, off set so there is a new update every week! We always update, out stories are finished before acceptance, and they always have an end. Long stories, short stories, and each story is unique!
- Follow us on twitter, facebook, and livejournal.
- Contact us at email@example.com
WANT TO SUBMIT A STORY?
CALL FOR EBOOKS
LT3 is currently accepting submissions for ebook publication in any and all genres. Submissions should follow the general guidelines. LT3 accepts any and all genres—the more the merrier!
- READ OUR WORK. We are a slash press and publish romance with happy endings. We do not publish works with more sex than content. We love the sap, the cheesiness, the fluff, the fun, the silliness, and all the rest. We’re here for more than just sex scene after sex scene. So make certain we are what you’re looking for before you submit.
- Submissions should be at least 10,000 words in length. Anything significantly shorter LT3 offers as free samples of writers’ works. Stories typically should not exceed 200,000 words in length, but if you do have a longer work we are willing to consider it (this does not include series, which, of course, can be of much longer word counts). Stories in the 25,000—50,000 word range tend to do best, but we are more than happy to consider a story of any length.
- Submissions should be completed before submitting as we do not like to be kept waiting indefinitely only for the complete story never to appear. However, we are not inflexible and will work with authors where we feel there is good reason.
- Submissions should be reasonably polished before submitting. Do not simply write a story and then promptly send it out. Have it edited and make it presentable before submitting it.
- SERIES: We are more than happy to consider a series for publication and do not expect the entire series to be finished upon submission. We do expect the first volume to be finished and a reasonable estimate as to how long the series will be and when we can expect completion. Readers do not like to be kept waiting indefinitely and neither do publishers.
SERIAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
LT3 is looking for stories for our Serial Fiction. Stories submitted for serialization should:
- Be at least 35,000 words in length, but ideally in the 50,000 range, and not over 200,000
- Be suited to being broken down into sections of roughly 5,000 words. LT3 posts stories in approx 10-page sections, so stories with chapters/section/parts that fall well below or over this do not work well.
- Be extremely engaging. Serials run for months at a time, and should keep the reader coming back for more. A story too easily figured out or too slow paced will not retain reader interest.
- Be complete. We are willing to consider incomplete manuscripts, but we prefer a completed manuscript. If we do accept an incomplete manuscript, it will not be published until we receive a complete version.
All genres are accepted for serialization. We gladly accept contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, historical, etc. If you think your story would be ideally suited, by all means submit it for consideration.
Serial Fairy Tale Submissions
LT3 is always looking for new fairy tales for our Fairy Tales Serial, our longest running serial and one of our most popular.
- Fairy Talessubmissions should be at least 10,000 words. Anything less is too short to run as a serial, as we post them in 5,000 word sections. They should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length, as we do not like a single fairy tale to run for too long (however, if you have a longer fairy tale and feel it is a good fit for LT3, feel free to submit it as a general submission).
- Creativity is important. The point of rewriting a fairy tales is to put a new spin on it, get readers to see it in a new light. Simply exchanging the gender of a character and telling the same tale is insufficient.
- Fairy tale submissions should be complete. While we are willing to consider incomplete fairy tales, we strongly prefer completed stories as they do not run as long as full length serials, so we need the new ones ready and waiting.
General Serial Fiction
- Subscription time
- 10% of gross earnings from subscription sales while in serial
- 40% of cover price for all sales through LT3's Ebook Market
- 35% of gross earnings for sales through 3rd party distributors
- Author copies
- 10% of cover price for all sales of print books
- Author copies
- Subscription time
- One-time payment of $75 - $150 (varies according to anthology)
- Author copies of ebook and print
Fairy Tales Serial Fiction
- Subscription time
- 5% of gross earnings from subscription sales while the fairy tale is in serial
- One-time payment of $100
- Author copies of ebook and print anthologies in which they are compiled
Submitting to Less Than Three Press
To submit a story to Less Than Three Press, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your email:
- Put SUBMISSIONS in the subject line! Emails without this subject line or sent to another email address (for example, the administrator email address) run the risk of not being seen or read, so please, do not forget this!
- Your contact name and preferred email address.
- The approximate total length of the completed story.
- Whether or not your story is complete.
- If your story is not complete, how much longer it will take to complete the story.
- A brief summary of the story, not to exceed approximately 200 words in length.
- Attach the first three chapters or the first 15,000 words of the story in .doc, .docx, or .odt format.
Please note the following:
- Stories should be a minimum of 10,000 words and should not exceed 200,000 words. At present, we are looking primarily for stories in the 35,000—60,000 range, but we will not discount longer works out of hand. Stories that are 10,000—35,000 will be considered for publishing as ebooks only.
- Your manuscript does not need to be complete at the time of submission to be considered, but if accepted, the story will not be published until Less Than Three Press has a completed manuscript.
- Please do not send queries, outlines, or proposals for stories that you have not yet written.
- Less Than Three Press will not consider anonymous writings or manuscripts currently under submission to another publisher.
For more information, please see our submissions page.
|, Albert Nothlit|
| , Tygati|
|Adams, Catherine |
|Bain-Vrba, Kayla |
|Bamber, J.J. |
|Carter, Isabella |
|Coatsworth, J. Scott|
|Craig, James L.|
|Crosswell, Marie S.|
|Davis, Elizah J.|
|Duffy, Althea Claire|
|Frank, Rachel |
|Franklin, Francis James|
|Greyhart, Ils |
|Hero, R.D. |
|Jean, Diana |
|Katz, Meredith |
|Kauftheil, Caesar J.M.|
|Kindle, J.L. |
|Kitze, Arden L.|
|Lanner, Emma |
|Leah, Archer Kay|
|Miller, Sasha L|
|Mitchell, Lauren E.|
|Payne, Max C.|
|Penemue, K.M. |
|Reedy, Alden Lila|
|Sanders, A.V. |
|Smith, Kelly D.|
|Smith, Adrian J. |
|Speyer, J.V. |
|Summers, Brandon L|
|Taylor, Emma |
|Tushmore, Melanie |
|Valenza, A.M. |
|Walker, J.D. |
|Winters, Sylvia A.|
|Xanakas, Xara X,|