- There’s always someone to brainstorm with who’s just as immersed in the manuscript as you are. Scene driving you crazy? Character not behaving? What on earth happens next? Help is but a phone call or email away.
- Laughing by yourself is nuts. Laughing with a friend is perfectly acceptable. And honestly, the story can go in directions you never thought possible when two people are collaborating.
- There’s no such thing as writer’s block. When you’re out of ideas, totally sick of the story, or momentarily overrun by everything-I-write-is-crap-itis, pass the project back to your co-writer like a game of literary hot-potato.
- You have a built in critique partner. You have an immediate answer to: does this scene I just wrote totally suck wind?
- It’s fun to learn from another writer’s process. No two writers plot or write exactly the same way. Maybe you limit yourself by sticking to an outline as if your life depended on it. Conversely, maybe you write yourself into too many corners and could use a little more planning. Writing with a partner may help you improve or streamline your own process.
AMAZON HEAT, released January 9th from Carina Press, is the product of an accidental collaboration between Melinda Leigh and Rayna Vause. They’re both hooked on co-writing and have already begun working on the sequel.
Two years ago, ethnobotanist Dr. Elizabeth DeMarco, driven by grief to find a cure for cancer, left her lover mid-proposal to accept a position on a research expedition to the Amazon Rainforest. Kidnapped by guerrillas, she was saved by warriors from the secret all-female civilization of the ancient Amazons. She has been kept prisoner since in the Amazon’s supernaturally hidden valley.
Despite Elizabeth’s rejection, anthropologist Logan Spencer never stopped searching for her. While consulting on a mass grave uncovered in the remote Brazilian interior near the place Elizabeth was kidnapped, Logan falls from a cliff. On the brink of death, he is collected by the Amazons and magically healed. When Logan wakes, the first person he sees is his beloved Elizabeth. Unfortunately, their reunion is less than joyful. The mystical medicine is changing Logan. But there’s no time to study the side-effects. The Amazons plan to steal Logan’s DNA, then kill him. Logan and Elizabeth must escape before dawn or Logan is doomed. Getting him out of the hidden valley won’t be easy. The Amazon’s supernatural powers make the task all but impossible.
Buy it at: Carina Press | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | All Romance EBooks
Melinda Leigh is a mom, a dog lover, and a second degree black belt in kenpo karate. In addition to writing paranormal romance for Carina Press, she is also the author of She Can Run, a kindle bestselling romantic suspense released in November 2011 from Montlake Romance. Find out more Melinda: website / facebook / twitter
Rayna Vause is fascinated by the paranormal and she loves a good romance as well, which probably explains why these two elements perpetually crop up in her writing. When she takes off her writer hat she is a martial artist, video game lover, Disney enthusiast, and a Pop Tart aficionado. Find out more about Rayna: website / facebook / twitter
Melinda and Rayna blog together at http://AttackingThePage.com
Carina Press: http://ebooks.carinapress.com/AEF49215-E978-469F-B6BC-D8CA8098ADB3/10/134/en/ContentDetails.htm?ID=C620BF6A-0836-4749-825E-7E8EE74E7BC1
All Romance eBooks: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-amazonheat-656634-140.html